Thursday, July 24, 2008

I lost round 1

At the beginning of the year I had this grand plan that I would go to the gym regularly and get healthier. So I got a membership, someone to go with me and some new sneakers. I was set. I did great for the first two months, two or three times a week, then my gym partner stopped going. I got a new partner then wedding season started and the gym slid to the side.

This week I went back to the gym for the first time in three months. Monday I'm pretty sure I almost died on the elliptical. I'm not lying.

Ten minutes in, lost my rhythm and my balance and had to jump to safety. Here is where I become confused. I used to be athletic, three sports a year for at least twelve years. How did I get to this point. The point where I can't last more than ten minutes on an elliptical.

Back to the gym today, made it 15 minutes on the elliptical, my partner and I decided to move to weights again. So we begin doing our circuit and two sets in we are laughing so hard that we are unable to finish the last set. We stop get off the machine and move on after 30 minutes we decide we're done.

Here's the problem I currently can't lift my arms about my shoulder, moving the glass to my mouth leaves me in excruciating pain and I've had a charlie horse in my calf for at least the last hour.

Gym: 1 Me: 0 this is totally not over yet!

No comments: