Monday, July 14, 2008

tiny bubbles

So Fatboy and I have really good friends who just had a beautiful baby girl. I mean she's just gorgeous. Well like every Monday they came over for dinner, actually this is the first dinner since the tiny baby was born. Now how many people can pass up the chance to hold something so small who just wants to cuddle, not me. I held the tiny bebe all evening, cuddling, snuggling, rocking you know the basics. I was in love, but also so jealous. Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore our friends and their new baby, but dammit I WOULD LIKE A BABY!

Now I understand that most women get the uterine tug when a newborn is around, but people give me a break here. Fatboy and I have been actively trying for over 2 years and not actively trying for 5 before that. In that seven years we have been blessed with 4 nieces and nephews, and approximately a dozen friends who have had kids. Two years ago we had twelve people we were close to have kids two of those people were siblings. Someday we will have the ability to announce some happy news of our own, but I wish that were tomorrow.

I know everyone wishes for stuff they don't have and babies are known for the uterine tug, but I'm just saying, alright already!

1 comment:

Roaming With A Hungry Heart said...

My husband and I have only been married a year, and I'm only 23, but some of our friends have had babies already.
While I fully enjoy holding and playing with them, I can't say that I remotely even want one.
I sometimes think there's something wrong with me, because I'm not sure I'll ever feel that strongly towards it.